Sat, Jan 13|
Alternative Fuel Vehicle Response - Marion County
This program explains the most common fuel system types, components significant to rescuers, safety precautions, and procedures for incidents involving alternative fueled vehicles such as Electric (EV), Hybrid, Hydrogen, Natural Gas, and Propane.
Time & Location
Jan 13, 2024, 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Fairmont, 500 Quincy St, Fairmont, WV 26554, USA
About the event
There are over 22 million alternative fuel vehicles on American roadways today. We have developed the Alternative Fuel Vehicles Training Program to help firefighters handle the unique challenges presented by these new technologies. This program explains the most common fuel system types, components significant to rescuers, safety precautions, and procedures for incidents involving alternative fueled vehicles such as Electric (EV), Hybrid, Hydrogen, Natural Gas, and Propane. This program includes four hours of classroom learning and four hours of hands-on training, including an overview of the vehicle’s safety restraint systems, special considerations for Electric Vehicle Extrication, and Electric Vehicle fire operations. (8hours)
- Identify the common types of alternative fuels being used in vehicles.
- Identify common features and markings that identify a vehicle using alternative fuel.
- Understand how these vehicles operate and how they are constructed.
- Understand safe rescue and extrication procedures for these vehicles
- Understand safe fire extinguishment procedures for these vehicles.
Hands-on Training Objectives:
Provide hands-on learning for students to understand airbags and Safety Restraint System
- Overview of Safety Restraint System Components and Operation
- Overview of Safety Restraint System Hazards to Rescuers & Patients
- Overview of safe operating practices involving the Safety Restraint System
Provide hands-on learning for students to practice extrication procedures for an electric vehicle.
- Practical application of Identify, Immobilize, & Disable procedure.
- Techniques & procedures for extractions involving Electric Vehicles
- Changing Technologies in Modern Vehicle Construction & how it affects extrication techniques